Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
At Kilby St Mary's we are committed to providing access to a broad and balanced curriculum for all our pupils. We understand the importance of making adjustments and personalisation of provision to ensure all children are included in all aspects of school life.
We do this by:
- Creating a supportive environment for all children, without exception
- building an on-going, holistic understanding of our children and their needs
- ensuring all children have access to high quality teaching
- complementing high quality teaching with carefully selected small-group and one-to-one interventions
- working effectively with learning support assistants
For more information click on the link to read Our School Offer.
Our school has an SEND policy that meets the requirements for teaching and learning for pupils on our SEND Record in line with the SEND Code of Practice (Sept. 2014)
To provide an improved, compliant policy we are committed to collaborating with families. Please see the SEND policy below and if you wish to make any comments please contact our SENDCo, Mrs Turner, via the school office: email@example.com
Leicestershire Local Offer
Partners across Leicester City, Leicestershire and Rutland have created a short animation to help raise awareness of the SEND Local Offer and how it can support those that care for and work with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
The Local Offer brings together the services, advice and help that’s available for children and young people ages 0-25 with special educational needs and disabilities and their families. You can find out more about the Local Offer in Leicestershire by following the link below: